There's been lots of country music news released in the last couple days with several new projects put on the horizon- plus a killer National Anthem from a couple of friends that's worth listening too with all the tumultuous news across the nation lately. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Bradley Walker follows up his critically-acclaimed 2016 release Call Me Old-Fashioned with another album on Gaither Records that will be released on October 6 called Blessed: Songs of Hymns and Faith.
- Chris Stapleton took some time our of his 8/10 concert in Hershey, PA to celebrate the life of Glen Campbell and cover "Rhinestone Cowboy."
- The incomparable Miss Dolly Parton will be releasing her very first children's album and all of the proceeds will be going to the Imagination Library. “My first album was released 50 years ago and it’s been an amazing 50 years since then. I am very excited that now I’m coming out with my first children’s album in all of those 50 years,” Parton says. “I’m proudest of all that all of the proceeds from this CD will go to the Imagination Library. It’s been 20 years since the Imagination Library was launched. We’ve seen 100 million books get into the hands of children and hopefully there will be many more.” A digital version of I Believe in You is set for release on September 29, with the physical copy hitting stores on October 13.
- Midland is riding the wave of their big hit "Drinking Problem" to a release of their album On The Rocks on September 22. You can see the retro album cover above.
- Add this new upcoming project from Lee Ann Womack to your must-haves this fall. The Lonely, The Lonesome & The Gone comes out October 27 via ATO Records. You can hear her first song off the project as well as read an interview about the project on NPR's website here.
- Blake Shelton will release a six-song live EP simply called Live on August 25.
- Friends of the blog and longtime Nashville singer/songwriter fixtures Chris Roberts and Lindsay Lawler nailed the National Anthem earlier this week at the Nashville Sounds game.